What We Believe and Teach
Here is a brief summary of those truths we believe.
- The inspiration, infallibility, and authority of the Bible.
- That there is one eternal God who exists in Three Persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit).
- The absolute sovereignty of God.
- The deity of Jesus Christ; His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death, His physical resurrection, and His ascension into heaven.
- The present session of Jesus Christ in heaven and His future return to judge the world and to consummate His kingdom.
- That salvation is by the sovereign grace of God alone, on the basis of the atoning sacrifice of Christ, and wholly apart from human merit.
That Godcommands all men everywhere to repent and to believe the Gospel.
- That the church is composed of those who confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and submit to His rule and authority as set forth in the Scriptures.
- That Christians have the solemn obligation to conduct themselves at all times in a manner worthy of the Gospel they profess to believe.
- As a Reformed Baptist
congregationwe hold to the Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689. If you examine the confession you will find a more extensive description of our beliefs.